Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Our client is responsible for over one-third of internet traffic at peak times and we’re working collaboratively with Internet Service Providers (ISPs) to deploy Open Connect content delivery networks. Open Connect delivers 100% of our video traffic today and serves as the backbone for our offices and studios. We’re continually adding functionality to support more advanced applications and further improve the quality of experience for our customers.
We have a global network connecting hundreds of sites and thousands of partners. Connecting to our offices, studios, and partners takes technical know-how, the ability to manage complex projects, and excellent communication skills. We're seeking an experienced Network Provisioning Administrator to join the team and help us grow our global network.
- Excel at time and project management.
- Are comfortable with not being onsite doing the actual work, but instead, planning and documenting the work to be executed by remote hand partners.
- Possess the ability to troubleshoot issues remotely - coordinating and communicating with remote hands, vendors, and other teams to quickly isolate and remediate installation issues.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ordering, testing, and acceptance of all cross connects and telecommunication circuits
- Managing the installation and turn-up of connectivity; ensure contractual acceptance is met in accordance with vendor MSA including receipt and review of circuit design records and circuit testing results
- Ensuring circuits are designed to standard (resiliency/redundancy, latency, etc.)
- Working with various data centers, vendors, internal teams, and partners to troubleshoot connectivity and provide clean handoff for activation
- Maintaining, auditing, and reporting on circuit inventory, identify trends and proactively recommend hardware and fiber augments
- Maintaining and auditing circuit capacity, work closely with internal teams to implement augments inline with capacity forecasts
- Providing support for new site builds, moves, and expansions; plan large scale circuit moves with data center providers, vendors and partners
- Communicating with Business Operations, Logistics, and Network Engineering Teams to streamline work of the various stakeholders
- Working with data center vendors and telecommunication providers to ensure reliable and functional connectivity
- Reducing potential risks to upcoming project timelines, by identifying issues and providing solutions
- Communicating with a globally distributed team: email, chat, IM, SMS, phone
- Managing vendor for on time delivery of services, escalate issues to account teams as appropriate and manage expectations of customers both internal and external on a periodic basis
- Conducting regularly scheduled audits of all connectivity to ensure accurate inventory and invoicing
- Participating in weekly meetings, internal and external, to obtain context, scope, and prioritiesJob Requirements:
Requirements: - Team player with the ability to build peer and external relationships. - Support a global organization; Able to time shift to lead or support projects executed in other time zones. - Understand the usage of patch panels, fiber optic connectors, optic types and form factors - Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to provide detailed instructions for contemporaries to follow and execute - Extensive knowledge of the telecommunications carrier and data center industry If interested APPLY NOW!
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...